This series of posts will walk you through the process I used to create this blog, from start to finish.
Here are the goals for the blog we’re creating:
- Write posts using Markdown.
- Push changes to the server using SSH.
- Set up the server to automatically rebuild when we push changes.
- Use version control to back up our content.
Preparation: Terminals and SSH
There are no hard prerequisites for this tutorial, but we will be using terminals (also called command lines) to execute commands. If you are unfamiliar with Secure Shell (SSH) or terminals, check out these resources:
- Introduction to the Linux Terminal
- [Mac OS X] Introduction to the Mac OS X Command Line
- [Windows] Introduction to PuTTY